About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Personal Blog - An Aim For The End Of The First Year

Because I'm awake diabolically early today, and I have absolutely nothing better to do in a world where Visual Studio refuses to work on my current PC, I thought I might as well write this up.

I have a noble goal that I hope to achieve either by the end of the first year of Games Development, or maybe in the beginning of the second year. I wish to take an element of each section of Game Design, Programming, and Game Art to create a working one level game. Nothing elaborate.

So essentially, I'm going to take my level design from Game Design (As well as the game rules, so that would involve a character that goes from walking to running after a few units, sliding, and swinging), use C# and XNA from programming, and probably use some art from Game Art if it is applicable and/or possible.

Am I optimistic about it? No, I'll probably fail. But I'd like to at least try. It'll also be nice to use my unofficial mascot/alterego Bill Dup once again, a little fellow that tends to appear in my sketchbooks and some older projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment