About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Assignment 2 - The Bit Before Beginning

So for the second assignment, we're delving into conceptual game design in the form of ideas for up to 3 existing games. I initially had a good few ideas of what I might start working on, but after the restrictions on the range of games, I've had to change some of those ideas. I'm yet to full decide which games I'm going to be trying to develop new concepts for. 

I already know that I'm going to be picking both Psychonauts and The Legend Of Zelda (Wind Waker!). However, I have the option of either making two ideas for one game... or see about developing a different idea for a third game. And my mind seems to be wandering towards other series I've had fun with over the years, Metroid and Jet Set Radio/Future. I'm going to save considering those until Thursday.

And with that out of the way, I'm going to see if I can spend some time tomorrow playing a few of the games for an hour or so. I'm looking forward to getting to work on some ideas generation, it has been an awfully long time since I've done any. Reflecting on what we're being asked to do on this course in comparison to what I used to do when I studied Animation... I can see similarities as well as some large differences. Chiefly, that I feel like I have a lot more time to be able to develop these ideas and make some interesting stuff.

That is all for now. Besides work on the assignment, I'm planning on writing a little piece on the subject of Final Fantasy 7, as well as the hope I'll be able to get back into the drawing game.

No comments:

Post a Comment