About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Monday 3 December 2012

Assignment 6 - 04/12/12 @ not 7pm


 And I've probably got as much done as I feel I am able to do. I might make some final adjustments when I next wake up before heading to college, but for the most part, this is my level.

I'm going to draw up a proper key to accompany these pictures and the work I'll be submitting when I hand in the work tonight. But in a nut shell, the magenta signifies areas that the player cannot walk on, and the bright blue signifies robot spawns. I hid some extra spawns in other parts of the map as well to allow for spy bots to appear behind players. The green squares in turn signify ammo and health pick ups, and the tiny bit of red is the player spawn.

I wanted to include two 2-story buildings on either side of the map to provide another route to the higher road near the end, but I found it too fiddly to hollow out the grey blocks I created as placeholders. I may add black squares to signify entrances and exits. I also had to move the alternate routes from the first island to the second, although I like this compromise... it fits a lot better.







First part of the map, robot spawn point.

First mountain on the second 'island'

The alternate route off the main path... links up to the third 'island'


Player Spawn and Bomb Chute. Medic for size comaprison.


No comments:

Post a Comment