About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Assignment 5 - Initial Thoughts

I might as well get this down before I forget. So our latest assignment is deconstruct and analyse a game of our choice in roughly 1500 words.

At present, I'm simply trying to decide between two games so I can get started playing for the whole week with my research. Naturally, I had a much larger list, but at the end of the day it really does boil down to just two. One would be Team Fortress 2 and the other Bionic Commando - Rearmed.

Team Fortress 2 remains a game close to my heart... apart from being the first game I played that made me WANT to play online, it is also the game most responsible for reigniting the ambition to someday work in the games industry and my desire to draw and design. Naturally, a great bonus it was made by my favourite games company Valve. I've looked into the development and history of the game, and it continues to inspire and excite even today.


 
Bionic Commando : Rearmed (A remake of the NES original) on the other hand is a game that I fear is too hardcore for me to really complete. But it continues to draw me back every few months to try and progress further. I always found the platforming mechanics to be very interesting and change the way one approaches the game and its challenges. It remains a viable alternative if I want to try and veer away from my gut instinct to look at TF2.



No comments:

Post a Comment