About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

TF2 silhouettes

I am still hunting down where I first read about the importance of silhouettes in Team Fortress 2... not only in terms of the general shapes of each playable class but also how detail is focused upon the chest region to draw the player's attention to the weapons that allies and enemies have equipped.

In the mean time, I'm going to post an image I will be using when I get down to writing the deconstruction and analysis. To roughly go through how I made this... I used Valve's Source SDK and Model Viewer to take screencaps which I then put into Adobe Photoshop to convert into plain black and white. And THEN taking those images into Adobe Illustrator, I converted them into vector graphics so that I could easily recolour and resize each picture without reducing overall quality. Yay me.

This version was a half hearted attempt to use team colours upon the silhouettes. Very poor indeed.

Basic silhouettes, from top left to bottom right - Soldier, Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Sniper and Spy.

No comments:

Post a Comment