About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Personal Entry - Redesigning Blog

Gosh, isn't that shocking? I've whimsically decided I'm going to try and give my blog something of a face lift and a rework. One of the things I'd really like to do is to go back and edit my entries to include tags/labels and organise them into categories to make it easier to find older assignments and such.

The other thing is the face lift. I suppose I could sit fine with what Blogger provides as default... but I'm not really the sort of person that can be content with that. So I'm creating a new header and background to bring this blog more up to standards with the blog I use over on Tumblr. (I haven't posted that here mainly because you'll mostly just hear me go on about the fish I've recently inherited from my brother.) 

So with that said and done, I'm going to upload the early stages of one of the images I've made in Adobe Illustrator and that I hope to incorporate into a header. I do like my pixels, but I'm not very good with them.


Early stages. I'm still trying to make a suitable colour pallette that I can use. Illustrator tends to play silly when I try to import colour schemes I've made in other programs. It is also surprisingly difficult to get a decent glow effect going. I've really messed up here, but at 4am, I really couldn't try and fix it any further. Another day, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment