About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Thursday 29 November 2012

Assignment 6 - Starting Sketchup

With the 2D design largely done (I'm been running along the lines of having to see how the basic level idea looks in a 3D environment before working out any additional details like scenery and platform placements that will be needed) I've finally started work in Google Sketchup, and I'm happy with what I've done so far. Not bad for someone that struggles to think in the third dimension... though I'm also telling myself that I have to be a bit realistic about the assignment, and that I won't be working quite so well in an area I am unfamiliar with.

Without further ado, a couple of screenshots from my early efforts.



I'm only focusing on one side for the time being, seeing as the map is largely mirrored. Although working so far, I already feel like I could make some changes in places. I will elaborate when I've worked some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment