About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Assignment 2 - The Proposals

Although I have already posted both of these individually, I thought that it might be worthwhile to make an additional post that only contains the written up mechanics for the game Metroid Fusion. Overall, the assignment was an interesting and fascinating experience, and a fine demonstration of how you can't just wedge random ideas into an existing game... at least without working out what it would do and how it would do it without breaking the game positively or negatively.

I hope I've walked a fine balance. Metroid is a game that already has a lot of interesting features, and my decision to focus on items that would add new ways to explore the game world is one I do not regret making. What I have worked on has many more possibilities for combat, puzzles or general mobility in the gaming environment than I have included in the final pieces, which I have kept as simple as possible so as to demonstrate their most basic functions.

And with that said, I'll post the proposals now.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment