About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Monday 15 October 2012

Assignment 3 - Progress Report

Writing this entry now... more or less because I can. 

The current assignment is going at a slower pace than I would ideally like, but I'm pinning some of the blame on Photoshop playing up. And pinning a lot more blame on my being distracted by Xcom : Enemy Unknown... a game that has really grabbed my attention. At least, if having played 20 hours of it since Friday is anything to go by. 

I'm pretty much done with the documents themselves, finalising the story overviews of the games I've come up with. I'm still having a spot of trouble on understanding what to write in the introduction part of the documents, but I may have to save that for when I'm back in class. Frightfully last minute in that regard, but there isn't an awful lot else I can do at this point.

Artwork is also proving to be last minute, what with Photoshop deciding it doesn't like me actually drawing in it. Still, I managed to do this one picture before it crashed.


 The alien angle has proven most productive in establishing a style to work with, as indeed is working with ww2 themes.  I also cobbled together a logo using a font I've been trying (and failing) to make for a while.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment