About This Blog

I am a student at Futureworks currently in my first year of their Games Development Course. This blog largely comprises of work and illustrations made in relation to assignments, as well as the very occassional opinion pieces or information I happen to believe may be relevent to my fellow students on the course.

Monday 15 October 2012

Assignment 3 - Another Picture

I have concluded that I don't like Photoshop's brushes. I don't like Photoshop particularly. My previous blog entry from a few hours ago shows a picture that I drew in Photoshop, and it took me the best part of an hour with very little to show for it. 

In contrast, before I go to bed I decided to draw in my more usual art program of choice these days, Paint Tool Sai. It may just be the brush I use, but I think it turned out far better. It also helps of course that Sai brushes move with your pen stroke, whereas Photoshop doesn't. I digress.

 I'm going to have to practice this sort of art style a bit more. It is something I've been practicing since I decided to ditch line art and try to stop obsessing over details that I get wrong time and time again. I've possibly slipped too far into the other extreme, but it is a result I feel happier with, and want to develop given time.

No comments:

Post a Comment